Best Restaurant for Brunch in Boulder
Café Aion is a diamond in the rough. It is also my new obsession :)
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day (and my favorite) so I am thrilled about what Café Aion has to offer, which is quality food and a very interesting menu!
Reasons to Love Café Aion:
- They serve French Pressed Coffee! (comes with timer and lumps of sugar)
- Support the “Farm to Table Movement” (menu changes based on season)
- Sustainable & Trendy — serves water in reclaimed wine bottles, uses towels instead of paper napkins
- Homemade Sweets (I recommend the Doughnut and Hole)
- Unique dishes — Polenta with Poached Eggs and Tomato Ragu.
- Pangea Organics luscious foam soap in the bathroom (support local brands!)
- It’s conveniently located on The Hill :)
Featured in 5280 magazine as “TOP 25 Best Restaurants”, Café Aion ranks #12
“What chef-owner Dakota Soifer has created in Café Aion, on Boulder’s Hill, is truly special. Here’s a successful restaurant that defies location (i.e., Collegeville), is reasonably priced, and adheres to the farm-to-table movement. Given Soifer’s credentials (years chefing at the Kitchen and San Francisco’s renowned Zuni Café, and a summer cooking for Meadow Lark Farm), it would be easy to reach overkill on greens sourced from this farmer, and beef raised by that rancher. Instead, Soifer focuses on simply turning out “la merenda”—small plates—that are jammed with seasonal flavor and interest. Pile your table with a selection of these tapas, most of which are served on earthenware dishes, and get busy sharing.”
Café Aion Website
Located on The Hill: 1235 Pennsylvania Ave, Boulder, CO 80302, (303) 993-8131